Monday, September 17, 2012

Collages



Collages are an art form that involves using different media together to make a new picture. Different media common in collages include newspaper or magazine clippings, photos, colored papers, pages from books, and ribbons. Collages can include other more uncommon things like old gift cards or things from nature like leaves. After an artist has gathered all the objects they want to use, they glue them onto a canvas or larger piece of paper. They can range from simple collages that have pictures arranged in a grid, to complex where the pictures overlap each other to make another picture or shape.

I enjoy doing collages because I think they are a fun way to express your creativity. I usually use pictures I tear out of magazines or photos I’ve taken, and I like to use them to decorate a box or the cover of a journal. I’ve even made a collage on one of my trash cans with magazine pictures to make it less childish. My most recent collage is made out of old iTunes cards that I used to make a cover for a box I put pictures in. Collages are also a unique way to save old notes between friends or doodles you've drawn on your notes.

6 comments:

  1. I like the collages that together make up an entirely different picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god i love collages because you cun put so many things together and make an entirely different image its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completed collages are so cool to look at and find all the different pictures or objects in them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always liked collages but never though of using them to cover a trash can, I might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making collages is a great way to get rid of old magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some really clever ideas! I'll have to remember them - I enjoy mod-podging with scrapbook paper to over old boxes and things.

    ReplyDelete